Helping retailers to successfully manage their products and store(s) and make sales easy and fast
As a Product Designer Intern in the Seller Design team at Square, I worked with senior product designers, product managers, and software engineers to deliver new features for the Square Retail Point Of Sale.
Product Designer Intern
Design Lead, Senior Designers in the Retail team, Designers from other teams, Retail Engineer team
Principle and After Effects
During the Summer a few years ago, I worked in projects related to the Retail Point Of Sale search bar: added features such as product images to the product list and favorites list. Other projects were related to managing the inventory and transferring products between stores with multiple locations using a mobile device and desktop.
• Designing user experiences on Sketch using styleguides provided by Square branding and Product Design team.
• Prototyping screens on After Effects or Principle app for testing designs and see the designs on the actual device screen
• Share the work on InVision and Dropbox
• Shadow customer support to learn more about user pain points while using the Retail POS
• Share the design process and progress on weekly meetings with the design team and iterate on the designs
• Share the designs in bi-weekly meetings with the software engineers and Product Managers for feedback
• Shadow meetings with clients for user feedback and shadow potential users to learn more about their needs and the work environment (E.g: Lightning at the physical store matters when choosing the color of screens, contrast, and more)
How information design can improve the product features and solutions in the complex telecom industry